You can help unlock the history that is preserved at the Old Stone Fort Museum. Help us with events, work with our collections or help with ongoing projects in our office. Schedule and hours are flexible, and training will be provided. Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Special Events Volunteers – help with admission, parking, food & other arrangements at our next signature public event:
- Library Volunteers– help genealogy & local history researchers in the SCHS library (6 hour shifts, daily from May to October, training required;)
- Library Assistants– help behind the scenes in the library: shelf inventories & finding aids, re-housing research materials, computerizing catalog (training required; flexible hours)
- Genealogy Research Assistants– help our SCHS genealogist respond to family research requests from all over America (genealogy experience required, flexible hours)
- Collections Assistants – help inventory and catalog museum & archives collections, or create finding aids (computer skills or content knowledge helpful, precision essential, training provided, flexible hours)
- Data Entry– transcribe hand-written inventories & indexes to create finding aids for photographs, archives & manuscript files (computer skills & precision essential, training required, flexible hours)
- Buildings & Grounds – help maintain our historic buildings, garden and grounds (physical labor, flexible hours)
- Museum Docents – help with group tours & educational programs (training provided, flexible hours)
- Bulk Mailings –join the stuffing parties we hold throughout the year to label and prepare SCHS membership mailings for the Post Office (1-3 hours; as needed basis)
Interested? Contact us today!
Call Our Volunteer Coordinator, at 295-7192, or download and mail in the form CLICK HERE.